As part of last night’s blind draw by the Indiana High School Athletic Association to determine the postseason football pairings for the 44th annual state tournament series, the Reitz Nation learned they would meet Bosse in first round action.
Class 4A Sectional 24 First Round (Oct. 21)
- G1: Reitz at Bosse
- G2: Owen Valley at Central
- G3: Boonville at Edgewood
- G4: Jasper at Harrison
Semifinals (Oct. 28)
- Game 5: G1 winner vs. G2 winner
- Game 6: G3 winner vs. G4 winner
Championship (Nov. 4)
- Game 7: G5 winner vs. G6 winner
This will be the third time that the Panthers have met the Bulldogs in postseason play:
- 1931: Bosse 13, Reitz 0 (Special postseason Great Depression charity game to determine the city championship)
- 1990: Bosse 38, Reitz 7 (Class 4A Sectional 16 Semifinal)
- 1992: Reitz 35, Bosse 0 (Class 4A Sectional 16 Championship)
Coincidentally, the Bulldogs are also this week’s opponents for the Panthers, meaning the teams will meet each other twice in the span of three weeks.