Return to Evansville Enforcers

Chuck Capshaw full interview for 2016 Evansville Enforcers article

Home Forums The Next Level Evansville Enforcers Chuck Capshaw full interview for 2016 Evansville Enforcers article

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Panther alumni playing for 2016 Enforcers (From left to right: Nate Eickhoff, Chuck Capshaw, Chris Tuck, and Brent Schnaare)

Panther alumni playing for 2016 Enforcers (From left to right: Nate Eickhoff, Chuck Capshaw, Chris Tuck, and Brent Schnaare)

1) What lead you to play for the Enforcers?
    The Evansville Enforcers are the same organization that started as the Ohio River Bearcats, who played for a national championship in 2009. The Bearcats were eventually compelled to change their name due to similarities with the University of Cincinnati. So deciding to play for the Enforcers was just like okay we are transitioning into new uniforms. I was recruited into playing with the Bearcats halfway through their first season by a former Reitz teammate, Eric Kendall. I’ve been a part of the organization as a player and now as general manager and player, ever since.

2) Beside semipro football, what else are you doing? family? career?
    My family lives on Evansville’s west side and I spend free time with my mother, father and grandparents. I also live with my girlfriend and spend time with her family as well. My girlfriend and I have a miniature dachshund named Turbo. He’s the love of our lives and the focus of our affection. We all live together in an apartment in the historic housing district of Evansville’s 1st street. It’s a beautiful place to live. I also work right down the street at Springleaf in Account Resolutions.

3) Tell me about the goals you have as part of playing for the Enforcers
    Obviously the number one goal for me as a player is to help the team win a championship in our league. I would also like a chance at redemption in a national championship because we lost that game as the Bearcats. My goals as an administrator of the team are to build the brand in Evansville into a popular summer pastime and give our young players a platform to improve and gain opportunities to reach higher levels of football, collegiate or professional.

4) Anything else you’re doing that you’d like the Reitz Nation to know about?
    I want Reitz nation to know that if they have young men that are interested in advancing their football career past high school and they don’t get the full ride athletic scholarship, that there are still opportunities available to them. Players from our level around the country use this level of competition as a springboard into smaller and junior colleges as well as indoor and arena league football or the Canadian football league. Reitz football players have always been a strong group for the Evansville Enforcers and we are always proud to accept another one into our brotherhood.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Comments are disabled.