Return to Evansville Enforcers

Mike Clem full interview for 2016 Evansville Enforcers article

Home Forums The Next Level Evansville Enforcers Mike Clem full interview for 2016 Evansville Enforcers article

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    2016 Enforcer Clem

Mike Clem

What lead you to play for the Enforcers?
    Other Reitz players recruiting and looking for more teammates. Never-ending feeling of the need to play football. All of the above lol

Is this the first time you’ve played since Reitz?
    I played at Kentucky Wesleyan the year following graduation. 2010 season.

Tell me a little about your time there
    For me it was not a positive experience. I have never felt so negatively toward the sport of football as i did playing at KWC. I did end up with Mono right before season started requiring me to sit the majority of the actual season. We had four to six hour long offensive meetings over the basics of football which i thought should have been a given since we were essentially being paid to play. Just not a good environment for me. I only stayed at KWC for one semester.

Besides the Enforcers, what else are you up to these days? Family? Career?
    Just had my one-year aniversary here at Pinnacle Computer Services. I was working in IT at EVSC for the previous three years. Currently have a six-year-old “stepson”.  [His mom and I] are not married yet and my first-born son will be here within the next two weeks!

Congratulations!
    Thanks! We are very excited!

Tell me about the goals you have as part of playing for the Enforcers
    Obviously every player has the goal of coming home with a championship title, but as a whole my goals are to do what I can to help my team get there, all while letting out a bit of that built-up aggression ;). The team helps me to stay in shape and active all while dong what i love.

Your dad mentioned you lost over 100 pounds?
    Well no one knows for sure as i have still yet to step on a scale, but yes i am down about eight belt loops or so. That’s on two different belts obviously.

Do you enjoy getting to play with your fellow Reitz alumni? Is it a friendly rivalry with the players from other schools?
    I’ve never played with a guy from another school that didn’t have some sort of fun local rivalry lol. It’s in our nature but yes I feel that [we] come together very well as a city and those guys that play from the tri-state area.

Anything else you want the Reitz Nation to know?
    Just to come out support our local guys doing what they love and for any athlete wanting to continue their career post high-school to know there is an option out there.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Comments are disabled.