Return to Evansville Enforcers

Zach Harris full interview for 2016 Evansville Enforcers article

Home Forums The Next Level Evansville Enforcers Zach Harris full interview for 2016 Evansville Enforcers article

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Zach Harris serves as Assistant Head Coach for the Enforcers

Zach Harris serves as Assistant Head Coach for the Enforcers

1) What lead you to become part of the Enforcers?
    It all began back in 2013, I was nearing the end of my sophomore year at USI. Unfortunately USI doesn’t have a football team yet and I had the itch to get back in the game. I knew about the Enforcers, but I wasn’t sure how to get involved. At the time, Markel Snoddy (Reitz Defensive Tackle, Class of 2009) was playing for the team. We were hanging out one night and I asked him about it. He told me that they were looking for new additions to their coaching staff. I’d never coached before, but I figured I’d give it a shot. Two days later, I was given the Assistant Head Coach position. For only being 19 at the time, that’s something I’ve always taken great pride in.

Fast forward three years, I’m still here. I’ve just begun my fourth season. We’re off to a 2-0 start this season, we’re smaller in roster size compared to previous years, but this team has just as much potential this season as we’ve ever had.

2) Beside semipro football, what else are you doing? family? career?
    I just finished my Bachelor of Science in Radio and Television at USI at the end of April. I just began a Masters program for Athletic Coaching and Education at Ball State. It’s all online, so for now, I plan on being in Evansville for a couple more years at least. My family (including my friends that I consider family) keep me going through my hard times. I’ve been undoubtedly and wholeheartedly blessed with them.

As far as ultimate career goals, I want to be the Head Coach of a major college or an NFL team, someday. That’s still a long way away though and in the meantime I plan on exploring some broadcasting ventures as well. I try not to plan things in too much detail, because life can change those details in an instant. I set a goal and I achieve it, one way or another. I let the day to day journey handle itself.

3) Tell me about the goals you have working with the Enforcers
    I’ve had a lot of them and I’ve achieved almost all of them. There are two goals that I’ve yet to check off the list. The first one, bring a championship back to Evansville. Many people don’t realize that the Enforcers are a rebranded version of the Ohio River Bearcats. The Bearcats at their peak made it to THE National Championship in Semi-Pro Football back in 2009. I’d love to get the Enforcers to that level. The championship system in Semi-Pro Football is very similar to the old BCS system in college. If we don’t make it to a national championship game, there’s several bowl games we may be invited to play in. We’ve won division and conference titles, and played for a league championship, but a major championship has eluded us during my tenure so far. Hopefully, that changes this season.

The second goal somewhat coincides with the former. When I decide it’s time for me to step away from the Enforcers, I want to be able to say I gave the organization everything I could, and that I left it in a much better place than it was when I first started. I’d really like to see the Enforcers become a staple in Evansville; as big as the Otters, the Icemen, or the Thunderbolts.

4) Anything else you’re doing that you’d like the Reitz Nation to know about?
    Not necessarily with me personally, but I do have a few.

First, I think that when most people hear the term “Semi-Pro” or “Amateur” football, they don’t realize we play legitimate football. All of our contests adhere to official NFL rules. We have great family-friendly entertainment, quality football, at a great price. ($8 per admission for ages 13 and up, kids 12 and under get in free. Our next home game is June 11th at Romain Stadium, kickoff is at 7:30 P.M.

Reitz Nation can also keep up with us on social media. On Facebook; just search and like; “Evansville Enforcers Football.” On Twitter, they can follow us @EnforcersFB. By doing so, they can stay updated with score updates and all the latest Enforcer information.

Finally, we’re always looking to get more players to help bolster our roster. Experience is preferred, but it isn’t a requirement. We just ask foremost that players have a positive attitude, a desire to compete, and a willingness to do what it takes to succeed. For any Reitz Nation members who may have interest in padding up again, contact us on our social media pages, we’ll get you set up.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Comments are disabled.