Return to IFCA All-Star Game 2016 article

Billy Hewig interview

Home Forums Special features IFCA All-Star Game 2016 article Billy Hewig interview

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

As a past participant, tell the Reitz Nation about your experience playing in the IFCA North-South All-Star game:

It was a great experience. I got to work with different coaches that I otherwise never would get to work with like former Reitz assistant Jerry Bland and Mater Dei Head coach Mike Goebel. It was also a cool experience to be on the field with the best in Indiana. I was lucky enough to play with Jay Cutler and four other players that played in the pros.

We had a five-day camp prior to the game where we stayed at the University of Indianapolis dorms and practiced two times a day. It was always fun to spend time with the other players during our down time in the dorm rooms.

Looking back on the whole process it was a lot like what college was going to be like. Playing for new coaches, a new set of players that were all top-notch and staying in dorms was a great experience for what college ball was going to be. I feel very blessed that I got to be a part of the North South game.

Billy Hewig (Class of 2001)
    Athletic Director
    Pike Central

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Comments are disabled.