Return to IFCA All-Star Game 2016 article

Bob Stephenson interview

Home Forums Special features IFCA All-Star Game 2016 article Bob Stephenson interview

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

As a past participant, tell the Reitz Nation about your experience playing in the IFCA North-South All-Star game:

After the 1977 season, we had lost in state championship game. Luckily, Mike Morrow, who was my quarterback and childhood buddy both got invited to play in the all-star game. It was in Bloomington back then which was nice because we were both going to IU and both got to spend a week in Bloomington.

I played tight end in the game but also got to be the kicker. I was named Most Valuable Offensive Lineman.

It was a great experience. Every time you make that jump [from high school to college, college to pro, etc.], you basically had the best of the best playing. Everybody’s faster.

It was a nice reward for a great high school season and career.

What can Tristen expect this week?

Tristen can expect much of the same. Everybody’s good. It will help him prepare for playing at college level.

Anything else to you’d like to add?

It was an honor to represent Reitz and the great tradition it has. It’s a shame some of the top Division 1 guys are asked not be play nowadays due to the injury risk.

We got to visit Riley hospital, which was an amazing experience.

Bob Stephenson (Class of 1978)
    Reitz Football Hall of Fame, Class of 2007

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Comments are disabled.